"The Madison-Bond area will have a workforce system that will increase employment opportunities and the standard of living for the entire community."
The purpose of the Madison-bond Workforce Innovation Board is to ensure the integration of services to prepare individuals to meet the needs of businesses and industry. The Board's mission is to take a leadership role in advocating, planning, evaluating, and developing local workforce resources in order to enable individuals and businesses to reach their full potential in a changing global marketplace.
The Board shall, in conjunction with the Madison County Employment and Training Department, its administrative entity, use available funding in ways that will most effectively satisfy the labor demand needs of the residents and business community of Madison-Bond Counties and enhance the economic well-being of the community.
The Board shall establish workforce development policies, develop the local workforce development plan and perform the following functions:
- Develop the four-year local and regional workforce development plan and conduct oversight of the One-Stop system, youth activities and employment and training activities;.
- Select One-Stop operators with the agreement of the Chief Local Elected Official;
- Negotiate and reach agreement on local performance measures with the Chief Local Elected Official and Governor;
- Identify eligible providers of youth services based on the recommendations of the Youth Council, and eligible providers of adult and dislocated worker training services;
- Implement improved technology for coordinated and integrated intake, case management and access; and
- Coordinate workforce development activities with local and regional economic development strategies;
- Develop career pathways and sector strategies that benefit both businesses and job seekers and
- Conduct oversight with the Chief Local Elected Official, of the use and management of funds.