HEPATITIS C TESTING
Who should get tested for Hepatitis C? Consider getting tested if any of the following are true:
- You were born from 1945-1965
- You are a current or former injection drug user, even if you injected only one time or many years ago
- You are on long-term hemodialysis treatment
- You received a blood transfusion or organ transplant before 1987
- You are infected with HIV
- You have abnormal liver tests or liver disease
- You have had blood or sexual contact with anyone known to have Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C testing is available at little or no cost depending on risk factors.
For more information, call (618) 692-8954 ext. 2, Terri Hart (618) 296-6057, Patty Gabel (618) 296-6090 or Amanda Pruitt (618) 296-6085.
Testing for Hepatitis C is through a blood test. Testing is during regular clinic hours and results are received within a week. We also have a limited supply of rapid blood tests where results are ready in 20 minutes.