|About The Division||Accomplishments||In The Future|
|Resources & News||Links||Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)|
|Closed POD Initiative||CMS Final Rule|
Planning and Response:
- Continue to enhance existing plans and develop additional, more specific plans.
- Continue to expand community outreach with government agencies, healthcare providers, corporations, faith-based organizations, etc.
- Continue to conduct exercises with key partners to test objectives within the health department’s plans.
- Continue to acquire redundant communication systems when everyday communication fails.
- Continue to improve situational awareness and information sharing, with key partners, by gaining access to multiple electronic platforms.
- Continue to complete required trainings by state and federal agencies.
- Continue to offer staff, volunteers, and key partners with training in mass dispensing, receiving, staging and storing the Strategic National Stockpile, Incident Command System, and tactical communication.
Epidemiology (study of the occurrence and distribution of disease):
- Continue to network with Illinois and Missouri state agencies and other local health departments to implement new and inventive active and syndromic surveillance in order to enhance the ability to recognize a man-made incident or an infectious disease outbreak.