There are only two main computer requirements to connect to the online records system offered by the Madison County Recorder’s Office.
- The computer you use must be running a recent version of Microsoft Windows. Either Windows 2000 or Windows XP (either Home or Professional versions) must be installed on the computer for Laredo to function.
- Your computer must have Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or higher web browser installed. If you do not have Internet Explorer 6.0 installed it can be retrieved from the Microsoft Update web site.
- For best results, it is very important that you have a broadband internet connection; this means that you need to have a DSL or Cable modem as opposed to a dial up internet connection. If your business has a T-1 connection this would be adequate as well.
- Your monitor must be capable of supporting a resolution of at least 1024x768.
- Your color setting on your video card must be set at least to 16-bit high color or 32-bit true color.
If you have any questions concerning these minimum requirements please feel free to call the network administrator at the Recorder's Office at (618) 296-5379.