The Veterans' Assistance Commission of Madison County Inc. gives assistance to Veterans in their transition endeavors. Current job openings and job fairs being held throughout the region are posted in the office and will be provided to Veterans upon request. Upcoming job fairs, recruitment events, and business expos also are listed below.
Transition Center-Related Services:
- Current job/career fair information
- Current employment/job boards
- Community resource and transition meetings
- Specialized referrals to community agencies
- Customized transition planning
- Community outreach and engagement planning
- Transportation assistance (bus tokens)
- Computer lab
Documentation Typically Needed to Assist in Employment-Related Services:
- Résumé draft for Madison County Employment and Training for review and/or development
- Previous employment history
Transition Center Eligibility Requirements:
- True certified copy of DD-214 (discharge papers from the military with last discharge of Honorable)
- Valid e-mail address for employment applications and searches
- Registered accounts with Southwestern Illinois workNet Center and Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) Illinois Skills Match
- Employer Partnership of the Armed Forces Fact Sheet
- Jobs Program Intake Presentation
- Career Fair Checklist
- Temporary Employment Agencies
- Madison County Employment and Training
Upcoming Job Fairs, Recruitment Events, and Business Expos:
The Veterans' Assistance Commission of Madison County Inc. will post job fairs, recruitments events, and business expos in the local area as it receives information. The schedule of events is subject to change. Prior to attending any of these events, you are strongly encouraged to confirm the companies that are participating. Here are some events being held in 2017:
Medical Assistant or MA Certification Classes (PDF)
Orientations Every Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Slate, 1520 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
(314) 657-3504 (SLATE)
Orientations Every Other Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Seven Hills Career Center , 4040 Seven Hills Drive, STE 166, Florissant, MO 63033
(314) 475-7911 (Seven Hills)
Job Fair and Workshops (PDF)
City Garden Montessori
1618 Tower Grove Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
September 9, 201711:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Hiring Event (PDF)
St. Louis Community College at FLO Valley
3400 Pershall Road, St. Louis, MO 63135
September 8 & 9, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Jobs Plus ’17 (PDF)
Gateway Convention Center
One Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234
September 13, 2017
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Career Fair (PDF)
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
9801 Natural Bridge Road
St. Louis, MO 63134
September 28, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.