The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requires covered employers to provide eligible employees unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons.
An eligible Madison County employee is one who:
- Has worked for Madison County for at least 12 months; and
- Has at least 1,250 hours of service during the 12 month period immediately preceding the leave.
- For incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth;
- To care for the employee’s child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
- To care for the employee’s spouse, son or daughter, or parent, who has a serious health condition; or
- For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee’s job.
- For any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that a spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a military member on covered active duty or call to covered active duty status
Eligible employees may take up to 26 weeks of leave in a 12-month period to care for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness.