Craft Your Future
A career that pays in Southwestern Illinois.
Looking for a high wage and benefits without the cost or time required for a 4-year degree?
Explore a career in the trades in Southwestern Illinois, which offers the high wages, along with benefits such as healthcare insurance and pension.
In the next five years, 1,200 high-paying jobs will be opening up in the trades in Madison and St. Clair counties.
Landing one could put you on the fast track to the future you’ve always dreamed about.
Earn As you Learn with No College Debt!
Working in the trades in Southwestern Illinois, allows you to earn a college degree as you learn completely debt free.
The Opportunity of a Lifetime!
If your image of the trades is mediocre pay and job insecurity, think again!
- Today’s trades provide tremendous opportunities for a fast-paced career that lets you immediately start earning while you're learning.
- Careers in trades also come with a high wage, averaging almost $33 per hour plus benefits $22 for a total of $55 per hour.
- A growing number of skilled trades jobs will be available in Southwestern Illinois in the coming years as older workers retire and new positions are created in some of the region’s growing businesses.
If you enjoy tinkering with electronics, building things and other hands-on activities, one of them could be yours!
Do You Have what it Takes?
The path to a successful future in the trades typically involves an apprenticeship that makes you part of the workforce from day one! That means you get paid during on-the-job training, as opposed to paying for college credits or a certificate that may take a couple of years to earn.
Strong demand for all types of craftsmen means opportunities abound for those with certain skills and education.
Focus your efforts on developing the following:
- High safety and environmental awareness
- Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, computer skills and mechanical reasoning
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Artistic ability
- Communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an associated vocational program
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft applications
Who is Hiring?
With these skills, jobs can be found in some of the best recognized and growing companies in the country that are based right here in Southwestern Illinois.
What occupations could be in your future?
- Cement Mason and Plasterer
- Operating Engineer
- Plumber or Pipefitter
- Sheet Metal Worker
Those same skills helped to build the Gateway Arch, the many bridges across the Mississippi River, the roads we travel on every day, and the countless buildings in which area residents live, work and play.
The common denominator is above average pay and opportunities for advancement
So how do you find out more about these careers?
Visit www.wellpaid.info to learn more, talk with your Guidance Counselor at school
For More Information Click Here
Various Locations/Ways to Apply for Careers - Click Here
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to control your own destiny. Act now and craft a future that's defined by a dynamic, fulfilling and rewarding career in the trades.