ILLINOIS BREAST & CERVICAL CANCER PROGRAM
- Women age 21 to 64 for cervical screenings, pap tests, and human papilloma-virus (HPV) testing
- Women age 40 to 64 for breast screening services and mammograms
- Younger women (any age) who have symptoms of breast or cervical cancer
- Illinois resident
- Uninsured, underinsured, or have high deductible insurance.
- High deductible insurance - We can assist with breast and cervical diagnostic testing expenses.
- Women with medical insurance or Medicaid coverage - We can help women navigate breast and cervical health screenings.
For More Information :
- Call Becci Weirich (618) 296-6051
- Call Erika Jacobs (618) 296-6082
- Call Madison County Health Department (618) 692-8954 x 2 for nursing
This program provides free breast and pelvic exams, pap tests, HPV tests, and mammograms to women who may otherwise not be able to afford these screening services. We provide free diagnostic services for eligible women with abnormal screening results. We provide some free diagnostic services to women who have high-deductible insurance. We provide navigation services to women who have insurance or are covered by Medicaid. Call us. If we cannot help with your expenses, we can refer you to another agency or provider who may be able to help.
The overall goal of the program is to decrease morbidity and mortality from breast and cervical cancer. The State of Illinois has a cancer Treatment Act that will pay for surgical and medical interventions for breast and cervical cancer. Low income, uninsured women in Madison County, regardless of where they were diagnosed with cancer, may be eligible for services under the Treatment Act.