In accordance with the Illinois Governor’s Executive Order, prohibiting all non-essential travel, the Madison County Jail has suspended on-site visitation of inmates. Virtual visits can be held through IC Solutions. Each inmate is being provided two free visits a week.
This suspension will be upheld until further notice.
To set up an account with IC Solutions go to:
The Sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer for the County and serves as the acting officer of the Circuit Court, director of safety and administrator of the County Jail. The main function of this Department include:
- Investigation of all crimes of violence and fraud, to arrest suspects, and to recover stolen property and evidence.
- Provide basic police services to the unincorporated areas of the County.
- Maintain a complete record of all traffic accidents, arrests, investigations and complaints.
- Serve warrants issued at the request of the State's Attorney and all writs and summonses issued by the Circuit Court.
- Manage all prisoners confined to the County Jail and to be responsible for delivering prisoners to court for arraignments, bench or jury trials.
- 2019 IDOC Inspection Report (PDF)
- Sheriff's 2019 Annual Report (PDF)
- Sheriff's 2018 Annual Report (PDF)
- Sheriff's 2017 Annual Report (PDF)
- Sheriff's 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- Identity Theft Affidavit (PDF)