The Veterans’ Assistance Commission of Madison County Inc. hosts outreach to Veterans at different locations in the local area. Below is a current listing of places you may meet with a Service Officer with regard to all benefit-related filings, most notably VA service-connected compensation and pension claims, health care benefits, and Aid and Attendance (A&A) pension benefits. Please call the main office at 618-296-4554 to speak with a Service Officer. Let the Service Officer know at which location you would like to meet. The Service Officer can give you an appointment time and can discuss what you should bring with you to your appointment.
2018 Events & Outreach
- * Alton River of Life Family Church on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Cottage Hills VFW on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Thursdays of the month from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- * Granite City The Fountains at Granite City on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- * Wood River Von Dell Art Studio on the 4th Wednesday of the month from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning August 22, 2018
- * Highland American Legion on the 4th Thursday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
* Individual appointments are available for scheduling between 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Walk-ins are welcome at outreach events; however, appointments are suggested.